Summer Camp Update
Dear Camp Fire Families,
We can’t believe it’s the last week of “school” and our Emergency Programs! We are ready to switch gears toward summer, and will spend next week training staff for a new camp model that meets current health and safety protocols.
Our locations for Summer Adventure Camp have been approved. We will be operating out of Alpenglow Elementary in Eagle River, Denali and Spring Hill elementary schools in Anchorage.
We look forward to seeing as many of you at camp as current mandates allow. For those of you still unsure of your plans, we encourage you to get on our waitlist so you have the option to send your kids to camp if you decide to later on. We are planning and hoping to be able to welcome more kids to camp as summer progresses and as our community continues to do its part to flatten the curve. We are still working our way through pre-screening for camp, so if you registered online and have not received a call from us, don’t worry, we are still working on reaching each and every one of you.
Many of you have asked about our cancellation and refund policies. We have changed our policies for summer 2020 to allow you more time to make final decisions about camp. Here’s what it looks like:
CANCELLING YOUR SESSION
· You have until two weeks before camp starts to cancel for a full refund.If registered for Session One, you have until Friday, May 22 to cancel. All camp sessions begin on a Monday, cancel by noon two Mondays prior By noon on May 25 for session 2; by noon on June 1 for session 3; etc
· Cancellations made after the cut-off will not be eligible for a refund or credit.
· To cancel, please send an email to email@example.com and note full name of the registering adult (only registering adult can cancel or change)your child’s full nameprogram (Camp Si-La-Meo or Summer Adventure Camp)session or dates you are cancellingreason for your cancellation (this helps us with future planning)
· Please note that we may have to close camp at any time and without notice. Make sure to have a back-up plan in place.
· If we have to close camps, we will refund or credit your account accordingly.
· If your child is prevented from attending camp because of a COVID-related illness or symptom—by Camp Fire Alaska, municipal or state mandate, or a healthcare provider’s recommendation—we will consider refunds or credits on a case-by-case basis.
· If you choose not to send your child to camp because of a non-COVID related health concern no refund or credit will be issued.
· Refunds and credits, when approved, will be given for full weeks of camp only. No refunds or credits will be issued for partial weeks.
Thanks to everyone who joined us for our Zoom Dance Party on May 8, we really enjoyed seeing your faces and dancing with you. We hope to offer more activities and virtual opportunities like this over the summer, so stay tuned to Camp Fire Alaska email and social media.
We appreciate your continued patience as we navigate the shifts and changes impacting our programs. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Look for our next update on Tuesday, May 26.
Sincerely,Melanie Hooper, Chief Program Officer