National Volunteer Month
April is National Volunteer Month! We want to say a big thank you to all of those who have given their time and energy volunteering both at Camp Fire Alaska and for other organizations around Anchorage in order to better our community.
We know that volunteers come in all shapes and sizes. That’s why we want to offer you some ideas for how to observe #NationalVolunteerMonth in your own way.
- Thank a volunteer: Saying thank you goes a long way!
- Do you have a special talent or skill that may benefit a charity or organization? Offer your services or ask how you can be of help.
- Use #NationalVolunteerMonth to share on social media. Spreading awareness is a great way to volunteer a small amount of your time.
If you’re looking for volunteer opportunities, look no further than right here! Camp Fire Alaska has plenty of ways to get involved. Here are just a few coming up in the next few months:
- Camp K Work Day: Join us as we open up Camp K on Kenai Lake and prepare for this summer’s campers! Share a fun day of working together and exploring camp. We’ll get started around 9:00 am on Saturday, May 21st, and will likely finish up between 3:00 and 4:00 pm. There will be light breakfast items and hot coffee in the morning, lots of water throughout the day, and lunch some time between Noon and 1:00 pm. Contact Melissa at 907-257-8820 or MWebber@Campfireak.org for more information and to RSVP. Supervision will be required of our younger volunteers.
- Office Support: We sometimes have a list of things we could use support on around the office regarding program organization, summer preparation, and end of season organizing. If you’re at all interested, contact Cisco at FMercado@Campfireak.org
- Data Entry: We are in need of volunteers to enter survey data at the beginning of May! If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please contact Jamesha at JRussell@Campfireak.org. Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel is needed!
- Rural Program Team Support: Our Rural Alaska Program Team will be in need of volunteer support the first week of May and again at the start of June to help with packing supply shipments for our communities! We do this in Anchorage and have a variety of times available. Please contact Marnie at MStewart@Campfireak.org with your interest in this opportunity.