FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
REPORTS TO: Regional Supervisor
SUPERVISES: Program Staff, Program Aides, Volunteers
POSITION DESCRIPTION Provide leadership and supervision to a School Age Program or Center site Within the Camp Fire USA Youth Development framework
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a School age program or a center site effectively.
- Maintaining positive relations with school personnel, administration and parents
- Communicate effectively.
- Work productively as a member of a team.
- Accept professionally the guidance and supervision of the council.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Exemplifies the Council’s value statements, vision and mission in all actions, communications and relationships
- Other related duties as assigned
- Overall program planning and coordination consistent with the needs and abilities of the children.
- Maintaining child care licensing requirements and standards.
- Within established budget and financial procedures, procuring of program supplies, material and equipment.
- Arrangements with supervisor for transportation for field trips.
- Maintaining established policies, program criteria, procedures, standards and rules.
- Providing for the maximum possible health, safety, and well being of all persons involved in the program.
- Maintaining facility, supplies, and equipment in excellent and safe condition.
- Establishing staff work schedules and when necessary finding a substitute staff person.
- Monitor and support daily snack and breakfast according to CACFP guidelines.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all child, parent, and staff official records.
- Orientation of new staff using On-Site Orientation guide as assigned by supervisor
- Conducting weekly site staff meetings.
- Keeping staff updated and informed.
- Maintain files, records in accordance with established procedures.
- Submitting required reports and records on time.
- Participation in Site Director Meetings, other staff meetings, workshops, etc. as assigned by supervisor with a minimum of 24 hours of training attended each year.
- Providing a stable, fun, caring, learning environment for the program.
- Implementation of established behavioral expectations and discipline procedures.
- Maintenance of a positive, open and friendly attitude and work atmosphere.
- Keeping supervisor informed of plans, progress, problems, concerns, and successes.
- Staff supervision, and as assigned by supervisor, staff development, including performance conferences and planning.
- Substituting for program staff as needed.
- Assist with daily preparation, clean-up, and activities as needed.
- Inform supervisor immediately of any suspected child physical or sexual abuse.
- Special programs, events and activities as assigned by supervisor, (i.e. Kids’ Day, Governors Picnic, Program Wide Events, etc)
- Excellent communication skills, including written, oral and presentation
- Ability to provide effective leadership, training and guidance to staff
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population: multi-cultural, age, gender, etc
- Ability to act as a positive role model by displaying appropriate professional behavior
- Bachelors Degree preferred, minimum twelve credit hours of college required in related field, or willingness to acquire the college credits
- Experience working with children (preferably school-age children) in a group and semi-structured setting, program planning, management
- Previous experience with staff supervision, demonstrated leadership ability and management experience preferred
- Current Standard First Aid Certification/ Infant, Child & Adult CPR Certification
- Twenty-one (21) years of age required to maintain compliance with regulatory and accrediting entities
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License with vehicle available for work
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to lift 35 pounds
- Possesses adequate vision, hearing acuity, physical ability, strength and stamina to perform the required responsibilities of activates associated with program delivery
Camp Fire Alaska is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer