Part-time positions for high school students. Training provided includes working with children, program planning and management, and leadership skills. Requirements for the position are 16 – 18 years of age, demonstrated leadership and organizational ability, prefer child development classes and some experience caring for children.
Starting Salary: $8.06/hour
Full job description:
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXESMPT
REPORTS TO: SITE DIRECTOR
POSITION DESCRIPTION Provides support to a School age program or Center site consistent with Camp Fire Purpose, Philosophy, Standards and Criteria.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide a stable, fun, caring, learning, environment for the program.
- Maintain positive and appropriate interactions with children.
- Provide for the maximum possible health, safety, and well-being of all persons involved in the program.
- Assist with supervising children during activities.
- Assist with daily program and snack preparation and clean-up.
- Assist program staff with designated group of children.
- Plan and conduct age-appropriate program and activities for/with assigned group of children.
- Keep supervisor informed of plans, problems, concerns and successes.
- Follow established policies, procedures, standards and rules.
- Report immediately to supervisor any suspected incidence of child physical or sexual abuse.
- Maintain facility and equipment in excellent and safe condition.
- Participate in staff meetings and training as assigned by supervisor.
- Submit reports and records on time as assigned by supervisor.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Exemplifies the Council’s value statements, vision and mission in all actions, communications and relationships
- Other related duties as assigned
- Dependable attendance, punctuality and consistent productivity required
- Confident, professional presentation acting as a positive role model.
- Able to enjoy being with children for long periods of time.
- Willingness to learn job responsibilities and youth development skills.
- Completion of 10th grade
- Demonstrated leadership or organizational ability.
- Provide own transportation.
- Prefer child development classes and some experience caring for children.
- Demonstrated basic work habits, dependability, and reliability.
- Must be 16 years of age or older
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to lift 35 pounds
- Possesses adequate vision, hearing acuity, physical ability, strength and stamina to perform the required responsibilities of activates associated with program delivery
Camp Fire Alaska is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer